Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Pyrenean Romanesque Church
So I was looking through pictures of my world Empordà and I noticed that I wasn't really able to reproduce the romanesque architecture of some of the buildings I recreated. So I challenged myself to try to build in a romanesque style again, to see if I could get something better this time, and this little stone church is the result.
Are you into history and architecture? Then take your sims on a journey back to the the Medieval era with this romanesque pyrenean church!
The main inspiration for this building comes from the churches in the Vall de Boí area (a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Catalan Pyrenees), especially from the Sant Climent de Taüll church. These churches date back to the eleventh century, and were built in a Lombard-based romanesque style, with a Pyrenean mountain twist. Some notable elements from this style include: tall elegant bell towers, round arches, small windows, wooden beams, multi-arched portals and lombard blind arcades.
Some of these Pyrenean churches are also famous for their frescoes, so my Sims 3 version includes parts of the Sant Climent de Taüll's frescoes (considered one of the masterpices of European Romanesque) in the central apse.
The church has three naves separated by round arches, three apses, two small storage rooms, a side porch and a bell tower with spiral stairs up to the 3rd floor.
Click here to see a picture of each floor:
Basic information Lot size: 30x20 Flatness: the lot is almost flat, but not completely. However, you shouldn't have problems placing it. Lot price: 63,595 Lot type: Community, visitors allowed.
I've checked the file with Custard and it's clean. Some objects are originally .sims3pack, but I converted them to .package to build this lot (if you install them as .sims3pack they will still show up).
Required EPs and Game Version World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, and Island Paradise.
This lot has been built with game version 1.67.2.024017.
I've used cfe quite extensively throughout the lot, so I recommend not to modify the structure unless you know what you are doing.
I've also used Misukisu's Decorator's Best Friend (http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com....est-friend.html) to move and tilt some of the objects (the big arches and the frescoes for example). I don't recommend to try to move these objects because they are in odd positions and it would be very difficult to get them back in their original place. I've found no routing errors so far after using this mod (which is not required), and no matter where you place the lot the objects will stay as I placed them.
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.